Dust in the office is indeed a problem. Add in allergens such as pollen and dander and the workplace can become a perfect storm for headaches, sinus problems, sneezing and coughing. If you have a great cleaning company like SPM to keep your office space clean then allergens should be kept to a minimum, however if you are responsible for keeping your own space clean and dust free here are a few tips!
- Your desk chair is probably collecting dust and a lot of it. Most workplace desk chairs have mesh and grooves making it a perfect place for dust to settle. To keep dust down, take a few minutes each week to wipe your chair’s base, back supports, arm rests and seat with either a damp cloth or antibacterial wipes. If you have a hand held vacuum available, vacuum your seat weekly as well.
- Computers and Monitors have are electrical and attract dust particles floating in the air. Take special care to dust your CPU weekly and gently remove dust that could be collecting on the top and in the vented areas of your CPU. Dust will also adhere to your monitor so dust it with a dry cloth paying special attention tot he screen.
- Clean that keyboard! Your keyboard is a haven for bacteria. Turn your keyboard over and gently tap it on the desktop to loosen dander, dust and food particles. Gently wipe it with a disinfectant wipe or a cloth with a light antibacterial spray on it.
- Telephones – another place for bacteria, built up makeup and oils to collect. An antibacterial wipe will do the trick!
- And finally your desktop. It is a good idea to use an antibacterial wipe or spray as much of your desk as possible on a daily basis and remove everything weekly and wipe it down.
Finally, you will feel better and be more productive working in a clean and organized environment.